Nursing Schools in South Dakota, SD
Nursing education programs are offered throughout South Dakota. Specifically, four colleges offer Licensed Practical Nurse training, while Associate Degrees can be found at eleven schools and Bachelor Degrees in Nursing at seven colleges of nursing. We strongly advise looking into multiple options as school often vary with regards to students pass rates on the NCLEX exams, courses offered, and tuition fees.
South Dakota Nursing Info.
Nursing Schools Through Online Programs in South Dakota
Although there are a handful of options for traditional nursing schools in South Dakota, it is helpful to keep in mind the option of enrolling in an online nursing program. Particularly in a state such as South Dakota where there are only a few traditional nursing school options and where the state is spread out in a way that may require you to travel or relocate to attend courses, an distance program may be the best fit for your educational needs.
Selecting an Online Nursing Program in South Dakota
The first place you should visit when you are researching campus-based or online nursing schools in South Dakota is the South Dakota Board of Nursing. There, you will find up-to-date information on the nursing field as well as licensure information, specifics about taking the NCLEX in South Dakota, and lists of accredited nursing schools in South Dakota. Here are some essential steps to selecting a traditional or online nursing program in South Dakota:
- Cost. Compare the tuition costs and other fees (books, transportation, etc.) between the different traditional and online nursing schools in South Dakota.
- Equipment Requirements. Ensure that you own, or have constant access to, the equipment and software required by the nursing school.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid. Some nursing schools offer various options for scholarships and financial aid. Research these options while narrowing down your options for traditional and online nursing schools.
- Pull together your official transcripts
- Have on hand any relevant volunteer or extracurricular activities that may bolster your application
- Narrow: Select at least two, but preferably more, traditional and/or online nursing schools in South Dakota that best fit your needs
- Apply: Apply for the schools and wait to hear their reply.
Earnings for Registered Nurses in South Dakota
During your research of which campus-based or online nursing program in South Dakota fits best, you will likely be curious as to how much registered nurses in South Dakota make. The earnings of South Dakota’s registered nurses vary upon the location within the state and fall between $ 43,000 and $54,900. As a comparison, the annual median income throughout South Dakota is $48,416.
Cities in South Dakota, SD Most Likely To Have Nursing School Programs: Looking for a nursing school program or course in your area? Chances are there is a campus close by. If not, don’t give up too soon. Nursing Degrees and Schools in South Dakota can be available via online programs, which are accredited and very useful to enter the health care sectors in South Dakota, SD. Commonly nursing schools are available from or in the following cities: Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Aberdeen, Brookings, Mitchell, Pierre
 South Dakota Board of Nursing
 Bureau of Labor Statistics: Registered Nurse Earnings in South Dakota
 State Health Facts: Facts-At-A-Glance for South Dakota https://www.statehealthfacts.org/profileglance.jsp?rgn=43&rgn=1